A dragon walks into a meeting …
“A Dragon Walks into a Meeting” is a basic and solid reminder of the relationship goals we want to live up to at SRH.
There is one principle in particular that we couldn’t agree more with: “Seek to understand, then be understood.”
For the most part, the chapter goes something like this:
- It’s not about us. It’s about you, and the success of your project, brand and campaign. We need to be active listeners above all else.
- For every project or initiative, make sure we all know as a collective team what the goals are AND what the goals are not.
- Let’s not assume that we know what the solution should be. Let’s be open-minded about where solutions can lead us.
- Let’s trust each other and ask each other the hard questions that help us understand what can be done, what can’t be done, what really should be done but won’t, and what will be done.
- Consider email, a low-context form of communication. For important things, use something better and then follow up.
- Always, ALWAYS start by assuming your partner/agency or client has the best intentions. If you don’t, you waste unnecessary emotional energy. We’re a team and we can’t do it without you.
So, if you see any of us not following these few simple rules, please call us out on it. And we’ll do the same
—Jeff Ohm, Accounts Director
The best is yet to come.
Bucks in 6.